Yesterday we published a guide about unlocking the bootloader on OnePlus 2, today we are going to publish another guide that will teach you how to root your OnePlus 2 and install the custom recovery at the same time. OnePlus 2 is the company’s second flagship phone and offers top tier specs and looks, the phone is currently offering the best price/performance ratio.
Rooting OnePlus 2 is rather easy, the device runs on the latest Android version (5.1.1) and it is completely stock, thanks to the phone being backed up by CyanogenMod. If you are willing to root your OnePlus 2, you can do so by following the simple guide we created. Checkout the steps below:
- OnePlus 2 with unlocked bootloader. Here’s how to unlock your bootloader.
- Download the OnePlus 2 TWRP image and rename it to recovery.img. Download link. Make sure the recovery.img is saved in the abd folder.
- Download the SuperSU root package from here and copy it in your phone’s memory.
How to Root OnePlus 2
- You’re going to have boot your phone in bootloader mode, to do so; turn it off completely and then hold Volume Up Button + Power button until the logo flashes.
- Now go to the adb folder and open a command prompt there, to do so, simply press and hold the shift key on your keyboard, press right click on your mouse and choose ‘open command window here’ from the menu.
- Now you are going to have to type in the following command that will flash the recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once the recovery has been flashed, type in the following command to boot into recovery.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Once you’re in the recovery, tap on Install and browse to where you copied the SuperSU file. Select the file and swipe to confirm the installation.
Reboot your phone once the installation is done. That’s it, you have successfully rooted your OnePlus 2 and installed custom recovery.