Sony just started rolling out the Android 5.0.2 update Xperia Z3+ that carries the build number 28.0.A.8.251, this is surprising considering how the phones that are older and relatively less powerful than the Xperia Z3+ are updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, but then again, Sony did update the Z1 to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat before the Z2 got the update. In any case, the update is currently rolling out in stages, this means that it’ll take some time before it reaches you, however, if you are still willing to update your Xpreia Z3+, follow the simple guide below.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10. You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out this guide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Download the latest 28.0.A.8.251 ftf from here.
Install Xperia Z3+ to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the first boot.