When it comes to custom ROMs, Samsung is considered on of the best devices because of the immense 3rd party developer support. Even the phone like the original Galaxy S is still getting support from the 3rd party developer. Today we are going to talk about an amazing custom ROM called VaderROM (Star Wars reference) on the Galaxy S6, the ROM is based on stock with a few tweaks and optimisations to provide better performance as well as battery.
However, the developer was generous enough to remove all the bloatware that comes with the factory ROM and none of the other files are touched in anyway. Do keep in mind that the removed bloatware can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. The ROM also has an extensive support for the Galaxy S6 variants.
So without any further waiting, let’s get to the updating process.
- Download the latest ROM from here and make sure you have the latest 5.1.1 booloader flashed in order to use this ROM.
- Your phone must be charged above 50 percent.
- You must have a rooted Galaxy S6. Here’s how to root your Galaxy S6.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to VaderROM
- Download and copy the ROM in your phone’s internal memory.
- Reboot your phone into recovery by turning it off and pressing and holding power button, home and volume up button.
- Make an EFS backup (this is an optional step but it’s highly important that you do)
- Select the ROM and begin the installation.
- Choose all the options you want in the Aroma installer. Make sure you choose the option of full wipe in the installer otherwise you’ll have a bootloop.
- Reboot your phone once it’s done.
That’s all, you have successfully installed VaderROM on your Galaxy S6, in case you ran into any problems, feel free to let us know.