OnePlus started rolling out the latest Cyanogen OS update for the OnePlus One, the OS is based on version 12.1 (5.1.1) and brings a host of changes and some overall improvements under the hood. The update is currently rolling out in stages so it’s fairly safe to say that a lot of you might not get it on time. However, we have the stock update files that you can download and flash manually without much hassle.
The update files are untouched, this means that everything that was factory loaded will stay there. If you’re interested in updating your OnePlus One, then simply follow the steps below and enjoy the latest update on your device.
- Download the latest ROM from here.
- Make sure your battery is above 50 percent.
Update OnePlus One to Cyanogen OS 12.1
- Copy the downloaded file in the phone’s internal storage.
- Turn off the phone and boot into recovery by turning it back on and pressing and holding the volume down and power button until the OnePlus logo comes up.
- Once you’re in the recovery, select ‘Apply Update’.
- Then choose ‘Apply from Internal Storage’ and select 0.
- Then choose Install and select the file you downloaded.
- Wait until the update’s flashed and once it’s done, go to the main page and wipe cache partition and reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully updated your OnePlus One to the latest build, in case you faced any problems, feel free to let us know.