The official Android 6.0 Marshmallow Developer Preview 3 is now available to download for all Nexus 9 devices. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow is a test build and at the moment its optimized for Nexus 9. Nexus 9 was launched in November 2014, and comes with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box but now is the time to test the Android 6.0 on it.
So, if you want to install Marshmallow update on your Nexus 9 tablet then you must have to take backup of your important data. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow Developer Preview 3 comes has an improved interface, better performance and there are many bug fixes. So, if you want to install this latest Android OS then you have to follow our detailed tutorial on how you can install it.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Nexus 9 USB drivers on your PC.
- If your Nexus 9 is rooted, then this installation will revoke the root access.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Google Nexus 9 Tablets.
How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus 9:
Step No 1:- First you need to download and install Android SDK on your PC.
Step No 2:- Now, find the SDK Manager exe that will be in the Android SDK installation folder and download and install all the SDK packages and drivers.
Step No 3:- A new “Platform-Tools” folder will be created after the installation of all drivers. Open the folder.
Step No 4:- Download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Preview 3 Factory Image (volantis-MPA44I-preview-5c30a6e2.tgz)from the above given link on your PC.
Step No 5:- Unzip the Factory Image and place the file in the “Platform-Tools” directory under the SDK directory.
Step No 6:- Turn OFF the Nexus 9 in order to boot into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode.
Step No 7:- Connect your Nexus 9 device to the PC via USB data cable.
Step No 8:- Navigate to “Platform-Tools” folder and run a command prompt within the folder.
Step No 9:- Verify your phone if it is recognized by your PC by giving the following command:
Step No 10:- Start the update now by launching the “flash-all.bat” script.
Step No 11:- Confirm the installation of Android 6.0 factory image and once the Factory Image has been successfully installed, reboot the Nexus 9 in normal mode.
Done! You’ve successfully installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow Developer Preview 3 Factory Image on your Nexus 9.