Samsung’s Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge+ went official a few days ago, both these devices have caught an awful lot of attention around the world and will be launching in few days with pre-orders already going on. The Note 5 is almost like an elder brother of the Galaxy S6 and both of them share similar hardware apart from some changes. The similarities mean that it is likely easy to port the ROMs and a user on XDA has done just the same.
A recognised developer who goes by the name arter97 successfully managed to port the ROM of Galaxy Note 5 to the Galaxy S6, and unlike your usual ports which are, at times, shoddy. According to the developer, the memory management as well as the overall performance is way better in this port, and not to forget the impressive features that were exclusive to Note 5.
Coming back to business, if you are willing to install the ROM on your Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F), then you should follow the simple steps below.
Note: TechJeep won’t be responsible for any war your phone starts or gets bricked during the process.
- Rooted Galaxy S6 with recovery: Here’s how to root your Galaxy S6.
- The Note 5 ROM; download from here.
- Note 5 compatible kernel (necessary) can be downloaded from here.
- Download the latest SuperSu from here.
How to Install Galaxy Note 5 ROM on Galaxy S6
- Copy the ROM on your phone’s storage.
- Enter the recovery by powering off the device and waiting for few seconds, once the device is shut down. Press and hold power+volume up+home buttons together util you’re in the recovery.
- Perform a full data wipe, however, if you are coming from the previous version of the ROM then there’s no need.
- Flash the ROM (DO NOT REBOOT)
- Once the ROM is flashed, flash the kernel, and then flash the SuperSu.zip (optional)
- Reboot your device once the flashing is done.
That’s it, you have successfully flashed the Galaxy Note 5 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S6, in case you ran into any problems, feel free to let us know.