Sony just started pushing the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Xperia Z1 Compact, the update carriers the build number 14.5.A.0.283, the update is currently rolling out in stages and will take some time before it reaches all the devices. However, if you are from the impatient bunch, you can update your phone simply by using the manual ethod which is equally effective which requires a bit of precaution.
If you are willing to update the phone manually, simply follow the guide below to update your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact to Android 5.0.2 14.5.A.0.238.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8/8.1/10, You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out this guide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Download the latest 14.5.A.0.283 ftf from here.
How To Update Xperia Z1 Compact to Android 5.0.2 14.5.A.0.283
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the first boot.