Android is at large when it comes to custom ROMs, be it completely different firmwares like CyanogenMod or AOSP or something like Android Revolution HD or Neat Rom which are based on stock firmwares with a little tweaking across the system. Now custom ROMs open a lot of possibilities for the users, most custom ROMs aim for a better battery life and overall performance that sometimes isn’t offered by the factory installed ROM.
The ROM we are talking about today is known as Android Revolution HD and if you are aware of Android and ROMs, it’s safe to say that you know about this ROM too. The ROM has been around for a while and can be mostly found on Samsung and HTC phones. Today we are going to learn how to update the HTC One M9 to Android Revolution HD. The ROM is based on the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and is completely stock with a couple of performance tweaks. However, if you are still interested in knowing what you’ll be getting, check the details below.
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full Snapdragon 810 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- Root access
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
- Improved virtual memory management
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Bloatware applications removed
- All /system applications updated to latest available
- All /data applications updated to latest available
- Improved CPU governors performance
- Most optimal system scheduler
- Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- …and many more!
Let’s get to the point, if you are willing to update your HTC One M9 to Android Revolution HD, you’re going to need to follow these simple steps below.
Note: TechJeep will not be responsible for any damage done to your device during the process; the process is tested and 100 percent safe provided you follow all the steps
- Rooted HTC One M9 with recovery: How To Root HTC One M9.
- Android Revolution HD for HTC One M9 from here.
- Basic Android know-how.
How To Update HTC One M9 to Android Revolution HD
- Copy the downloaded ROM into your phone’s SD card
- Boot your phone into recovery mode by turning it off first and turning it back on by pressing volume down + power button.
- Once you’re in the recovery, select ‘install zip from SD card’.
- Now select ‘choose zip from SD card’ and browse to the location you have copied the ROM.
- You’ll be taken to the Aroma Installer, there you can choose what you want to be installed, if you are coming from the previous version of the ROM, then the data wipe is optional. However, if you are coming from stock or any other ROM then you must wipe the data)
- Once the flashing process is done, reboot your phone.
In case you face any issues while flashing the ROM, feel free to let us know.