The HTC One M9 is company’s current flagship and is one of the best looking phones we have seen in the market, apart from the good looks, the phone comes with good hardware to back it off as well. The users get an octa-core 64-bit Snapdragon 810, 3 gigs of RAM, expandable storage, 4G LTE along with all the other connectivity options, 32 gigs internal storage, 20 megapixel rear camera, 4 megapixel UltraPixel camera, 5 inches screen with FHD resolution.
The phone also comes with a really good developer support that allows the devs to create custom ROMs for the phone. however, if you are willing to have custom ROMs on your phone, you’re going to have to root it. Lucky for you, we have the perfect root guide for HTC One M9 that will help you root the phone and install the recovery. So without further ado, let’s get down to the business.
- Unlock your bootloader by going here.
- Make sure the ADB is setup and installed. Check this link out to see how to do that: How to Setup ADB.
- Download TWRP recovery from here.
- SuperSu can be downloaded from here. Copy it to your phone’s internal memory.
How To Root HTC One M9 and Flash Recovery
- Turn on the USB debugging and plug in your device; to unlock USB debugging, go to Settings > About Device > Tap the build number 7-8 times and then go back to Settings and go to Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Now open Command Prompt and enter the following command:
- You’ll see your device in the list, enter the following command:
adb reboot downlooad
- Once your phone reboots, enter the following command:
fastboot flash recovery C:\Users\<your username>\Downloads\TWRP.img
- Once the flashing process is done, power off your device.
- To boot into recovery, press and hold the volume down key while the phone is off and turn it on again, just make sure you keep holding the volume down key.
- Select ‘boot to recovery’ from the screen that appears.
- Select Install and then choose the Internal Storage from the top of the screen.
- Look for the SuperSu.zip, tap it and then swipe to install it.
- Once it’s flashed, reboot your phone.
That’s all, folks. With these simple steps, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your HTC One M9 and have gained root access with working recovery.