T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-910T has received the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update and now its more stable then before. The latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update improves the performance of Galaxy Note 4 battery and it contains the fix for the stagefright vulnerability. Those who don’t know about stagefright its actually a vulnerability that allow an attacker to access multimedia files or potentially take control of the device.
If you are a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 user then you must update the latest Android update. The update is already on the roll but in case you didn’t receive the OTA update so far then you can manually install it by following our detailed guide.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you have not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-910T. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop N910T3UVU1DOFC 0n Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-910C
- First of all, Download the official N910T3UVU1DOFC firmware.
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been properly connected. If you didn’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to N910T3UVU1DOFC Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.