As you may or may not know, Sony is now seeding Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Xperia Z2 early this morning. The update is rolling out to Vodafone users at the moment, however, if you can’t wait for the update to be available via OTA, we have an FTF file that will help you manually update your Xperia Z2 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Do keep in mind that despite being for Vodafone, this update can be flashed on any phone.
In case you are willing to update your phone, simply follow the guide below.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1. You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out this guide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Download the latest 23.4.A.0.546 ftf from here.
How To Update Sony Xperia Z2 To Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the first boot.
That’s all, you have successfully upgraded your Xperia Z2 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. In case you run into any problems, feel free to let us know.