Witcher 3 is undoubtedly one of the best looking games that are currently available, not only that but the game is a very strong contender for Game of the Year award considering how its predecessor won several accolades as well and the sequel is everything Witcher 2 was and more.
Ever since the game is made available on PC, it has been subjected to a lot of mods, simply because it comes with a full support of mod and the PC community loves modding pretty much everything about the game. The latest reshade preset we are going to talk about today is called Project Destiny E3 2014; for those who don’t know, Witcher 3 was subjected to a downgrade on PC according to some of the gamers, despite the fiasco, the game looked stunning in almost every aspect there was to it. However, some of the gamers and modders decided to go above and beyond to make sure they at least bring out the best of the game and did some reshading to make the game look a lot like the one that was shown in the E3 2014 demo, and this is how several reshade presets came to life.
Project Destiny is no different, the reshade preset does the best it could to mimic the visuals that we have seen in the E3 2014 demo, as always, obtaining and installing this preset is ridiculously easy. Simply follow the steps below, but before that, check out the side by side comparison of both the game without any visual mod and with the Project Destiny to get a better idea at the situation.
As you can see, the preset makes the game look closely to what it looked last year at the E3 2014.
How To Install Project Destiny
- Download Reshade + Sweetfx pack from here.
- Extract the content and copy it to the folder where you have Witcher 3 installed (The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64).
- Rename the ‘reshade64.dll’ and change it to ‘d3d11.ll’.
- Download the Project Destiny E3 2014 from here.
- Replace the SweetFX folder and if in case you are using the 2.0 preset, then you’d have to replace the Reshade folder that you downloaded in the first step.
- Launch the game and enjoy the beauty.