Sony’s currently rolling out the much awaited Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (23.4.A.0.546) on the Xperia Z3 lineup, we already covered the guide for Xperia Z3 Compact and now we are going to take a look at how you can update your Xperia Z3 D6603 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. As reported earlier, the latest update comes with all the goodies from Android 5.1.1 and some other bug fixes that Sony applied to the update.
The update is rolling out in Baltic regions as of now but if you are willing to update your phone manually, you can do so by following the simple guide below.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1. You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out this guide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Download the latest 23.4.A.0.546 ftf from here.
How To Update Sony Xperia Z3 D6603 To Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the first boot.
That is it, folks. You have successfully update your Xperia Z3 D6603 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, in case you have any queries, feel free to let us know.