Samsung is busy seeding the updates on their devices as of now and the latest one to receive the update is the Galaxy Tab 4 8.0, the table it is currently being updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and the update is seeding via OTA. However, if you are one of the impatient users who can’t wait for the update, there’s a rather simple way to get your hands on the update without much hassle.
To update the tab to Android 5.1.1, you’d need few basic requisites, you can check them out below.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you have not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 WiFi (SM-T330) & LTE (SM-T335). Don’t try it on other variants.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- First of all, Download the officia T330XXU1BOG2_T330OXA1BOG2_PHN (WiFi)/ T335XXU1BOF8_T335OXA1BOF8_AUT (LTE) firmware.
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been proerply connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
That is it, you have updated your phone to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. In case you have any queries, feel free to let us know.