Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 got another custom ROM and is named Halcyon Lollipop ROM. This ROM is fast, stable and smooth in performance. This new ROM is based on the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and another amazing thing about this ROM is that it supports the OTA update. We have tested this ROM and this one is debloated means there is no un-wanted application installed. There are other custom ROMs also available but this one is one of the best. The Halcyon Lollipop ROM is not an official ROM by Samsung and you would require a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM recovery installed on your device.
If you are ready to install this ROM on your Galaxy S4 I9500 then all you need to do is to follow our complete guide on how you can install Android 5.1.1 Halcyon Lollipop Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy S4 USB drivers on your PC.
- Your device must be rooted and have Custom Recovery like CWM installed.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Halcyon Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500
Step No.2: Copy the files and place it in the root directory of your SD Card.
Step No.3: Now, turn off your device and boot into recovery mode. Turn the device ON while pressing and holding Power + Home + Volume Up keys at the same time till the TWRP logo appears. Navigate to the recovery screen and select Backup.
Step No.4: After backup is finished. Perform Wipe of Data, Dalvik Cache and System.
Step No.5: When completed. Go back to the main menu of the recovery and select install. Now navigate to the root directory and select the ROM you have downloaded in the first step and tap swipe to Confirm Flash option
Step No.6: Once installation is compeleted, again perform a Wipe Dalvik cache.
Step No.7:Now, go the main screen of the recovery and select Reboot.
Step No.8; Apply the same above steps for installing the Gapps.
Step No.9: Now restart the device and it’s done.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9500 has been updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom firmware. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.