Samsung rolled out the latest Android 5.1.1 update for their flagship smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S6 SM G920F. The new update increase the overall performance and fix numerous minor bugs. The update is currently available in France via the OTA update and will soon be available for the other European countries. The build number of the latest update is G920FXXU2BOFJ and is based on the latest Android Lollipop update.
If you are a Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F owner and can’t wait for the official update to arrive in your region then you don’t need to worry anymore. Today, We’ll going to teach you how you can install the latest Android 5.1.1 G920FXXU2BOFJ Lollipop update on your beloved Android smartphone. After installing this update, you’ll get an overall performance boost and an option to sort the apps alphabetically in the app drawer.
So, I think you are ready to install this release on your device. We have written a step by step guide that will help you installing the latest Lollipop on your Galaxy S6.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy S6 USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you don’t, then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G920FXXU2BOFJ on Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F:
- First of all, Download the official G920FXXU2BOFJ firmware.
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung S6 with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been proerply connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to G920FXXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.