LG G4 is currently the hottest phone in the market, mainly because the camera on this phone is spectacular and even better than the likes of Samsung Galaxy S6, HTC One M9 and Sony’s Xperia Z3+. We wrote an article about how the LG G4 just might be the phone everyone’s waiting for. Well, the phone is out in the market and is getting rave reviews. In case you are wondering whether or not you can root the phone; the answer is simple, you can.
Rooting LG G4 is as simple as the rooting processes usually are. However, for those who are still underprivileged; we are here to help you successfully root your phone and make sure that you don’t end up bricking your phone. All you need to do is follow our carefully written guide that will help you root your LG G4 as well as unlock the bootloader as it is required to gain root access.
Note: This guide is strictly for H815 variant. Using it on any other variants may cause fatal results. TechJeep will not be held responsible for any issues that arise.
- Make sure that your phone has enough battery, we’d suggest to charge it to at least 70 percent.
- Download and setup ADB, if you don’t know how to, check out the tutorial here.
- Download LG USB drivers from here.
- Download TWRP recovery and SuperSU zip.
- Make sure you have unlocked your boot loader, in case it isn’t; check out the link for detailed instructions.
How To Root LG G4 H815
- Connect your LG G4 to the PC and copy the root package to the root of your SD card.
- Copy the the root package you downloaded earlier to the folder where the ADB is located.
- Now open a command prompt in the ADB folder by holding shift key and pressing right click and then choosing ‘open command window here’.
- Once the command window is opened, type in the following command
adb reboot recovery
- Once you are in recovery, tap on install and then browse to the place where the SuperSu is placed, select the file and swipe to confirm the installation.
- Once the flashing is done, simply restart your phone from the recovery.
That is it, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your LG G4 and rooted it with a custom recovery. In case you run into any problems; feel free to let us know.