The wait is over, Sony has finally released Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on the Xperia Z C6603 and C6602. The company started pushing out the update on the flagship level Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2, then updated the remaining phones in the series. Now it is time for the Xperia Z owners as well. The update is currently rolling out in stages but if you are interested in updating it manually. check the guide below.
- Make sure your battery is charged to at least 70 percent.
- The ADB drivers must be set up. Here’s how to.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Backup your apps and important messages.
- Download and install flashtool from here.
- Download the FTF files from here; C6603 | C6602
How To Update Xperia Z C6603/C6602 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the first boot.