Samsung has started rolling out the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update for their budget Android smartphone, Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360F. The update was initially started from Poland via OTA and is now available for all users in Poland. The build number of the latest update is G360FXXU1BOD9 and its fully optimized. Many users who tested this firmware confirmed that this one is the most stable version and the battery performance is really impressive.
Samsung has not made the firmware available for all countries but if you are not from Poland and want to test this ROM then you can follow our detailed guide on how you can install the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop G360FXXU1BOD9 on your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime.
Here you can find the details for the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware:
Model name Galaxy Core Prime
Version Android 5.0.2
Build date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 00:43:41 +0000
Product code XEO
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you have not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360F. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop G360FXXU1BOD9 on Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360F:
- First of all, Download the official G360FXXU1BOD9 firmware.
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been proerply connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to G360FXXU1BOD9 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.