Samsung’s Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are becoming quite popular these days for obvious reasons. Both the devices have top of the line specs and brilliant looks. Other than the looks, the phones come with Knox security. That feature has been around since the Galaxy S4 days. It’s basically a security counter that will trip if you try to root your phone and install a custom firmware. However, there is a new way to root your phone that will prevent the Knox security counter from tripping.
The root tool is called PingPongRoot and is developed by XDA member and developer idler1984. So far, the root has been successful on several Galaxy S6 variants including different build numbers. So without wasting any more time, let’s check out you can root your Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge using PingPongRoot.
- Download and install PingPongRoot apk on your phone from here.
- Make sure you have more than 50 percent battery charged.
How To Root Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Using PingPongRoot
- Once the PingPongRoot has been installed on your phone run the app.
- Once the app launches; tap on ‘Get Root’.
- You may be prompted for permissions; grant them.
- Once everything is done; reboot your phone.
That’s all, your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge are now rooted. Let us know if you face any problems with the rooting procedure.