Good news for the owners of Xperia Z3 Compact; Sony has started pushing out a new update for the phone. The update is still based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, however, it has been reported that the new update comes with bug fixes that were present in the previous versions. the update comes with build number 23.2.A.1.62; apparently, the same update has been certified for Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet. We’re speculating that soon Xperia Z3 will see the update as well.
The update is currently rolling out in Hong Kong and Singapore (exclusively for the career version). However, if you are willing to update your phone manually, you’re at the right place. Check out the guide below on how to update your Xperia Z3 Compact to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.2.A.1.62.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1. You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out this guide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Download the latest 23.2.A.1.62 ftf from here..
How To Update Xperia Z3 Compact to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.2.A.1.62
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the first boot.
That’s it, you have successfully update your Xperia Z3 Compact to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.2.1.A.62.