The Android 5.1 Resurrection Remix ROM which is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop is now available on HTC One X. This new ROM is based on the new Lollipop update and is full of new and improved features and customization options. If You are an HTC One X user and want to see the full potential of Android 5.1 Lollipop then you must try this new ROM.
Before proceeding, we would like to remind our readers that this is a custom ROM made by third party developers and has nothing to do with the HTC. So, if you are ready then all you need to do is to follow the steps below on how you can install Resurrection Remix ROM on HTC One X.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have a HTC Desire HD device. Testing it on some other device may brick your phone.
- Your phone should be charged and have a minimum 60 percent battery left.
- Make sure you have the USB drivers installed on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone from Settings > Developer options.
- Make sure you have a rooted Android device.
- You have backed up all the important data, videos and photos.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop on HTC One X with Resurrection Remix Custom ROM:
- Download the Android 5.1 Resurrection Remix ROM and Gapps and extract the files.
- Connect your Device to your PC via USB cable.
- Now Copy and paste the downloaded ROM and Google Apps to the root folder of your SD card.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- Power off your Phone
- Next Step is to boot the device into Bootloader or FastBoot Mode by holding the Volume Down + Power buttons together.
- Once Fastboot mode appears on your screen navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools and launch the Command Prompt.
- Now type the following command.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
and hit enter Enter.
- Now type this command and press Enter.
- Now Follow the on screen Navigations to choose the BOOTLOADER and then boot into Recovery Mode.
- Once you’re in the ClockWorkMod Recovery or CWM its time to wipe all the data by selecting wipe data factory reset. Use the power buttons to navigate in CWM.
- Now perform a cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition. Also perform the wipe Dalvik Cache by going to Advanced and there you will find this option.
- Now return to the main CWM screen and select Install Zip from SD Card.
- Now select choose zip from sdcard. Use volume keys to navigate to the Resurrection ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your SD card and select it by tapping Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation process should begin.
- Perform the previous step for installing the Gapps as well.
- Once installed, restart the device. Your device will take around 5 minutes to boot.
- Congratulations! Your device is now running on Android 5.1 Lollipop. Verify the Android version by going to Settings > About Phone.