We have some good news for the Samsung Galaxy S2 users and that is they can now update their Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to Android 5.1 Lollipop with the help of Nameless Custom ROM. The Nameless Custom ROM is based on the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware and some of the main features of this ROM are its stability, overall performance and battery saving.
Before proceeding, we need to remind our readers that this ROM is a third party custom ROM and is not officially released by Samsung. So now, if you are ready to install this ROM, you need to follow the steps below on how you can install this ROM.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy S2 USB drivers on your PC.
- Your device must be rooted and have Custom Recovery like CWM installed.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Don’t try it on other variants.
Step No 2:– Connect your device to the PC via USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3:- Copy the Android 5.1.1 ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card.
Step No 4:- Disconnect the Galaxy S2 from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume UP + Home + Power keys altogether to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6:- Once in the recovery mode, perform a wipe data/factory reset and Wipe Cache partition. In the Advanced area of CWM, you will find Wipe Dalvik Cache which is not compulsory but we recommend to perform this step too.
Step No 7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from SD card.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the Android 5.1.1 ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Step 10:- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 will be rebooted and may take up to 4 to 5 minutes to boot.
That’s it. Your device has been updated to Nameless Android 5.1.1 based Custom ROM. Now Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the Android version. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.