The Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update for the international variant of Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 has been released. This latest update has the build number I9505XXUHOD7 and is for the internal variant of Galaxy S4 LTE that came with a Quad Core Snapdragon processor. The new Android 5.0.1 Lollipop has a size of around 500MB and is currently live for the users living in Germany. The new update brings a lot of performance improvements, bug fixes and 5 new German apps.
Android 5.0.1 I9505XXUHOD7 Firmware Details:
Model name GALAXY S4 LTE
Version Android 5.0.1
Build date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 11:50:32 +0000
Product code DBT
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy S4 USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using Odin:
- First of all, Download the official I9505XXUHOD7 firmware
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding e Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung S4 with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been proerply connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to I9505XXUHOD7 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.