Sony started rolling Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.2.A.1.62 on Xperia Z3 D6653. The update brings the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop along with all the Material design goodness. The update is currently rolling out but if you are of the impatient lot, you can follow a simple guide we created to help you update your phone to the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Check out the prerequisites below.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1. You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out this guide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options
- Download the 23.2.A.1.62 FTF from here.
How To Update Xperia Z3 D6653 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.2.A.1.62
- Copy the downloaded firmware to flashtool/firmwares
- Click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 10 minutes for the first boot.