Nexus 7 2013 can now enjoy the sweet taste of Android 5.1 Lollipop with the help of Optipop Custom ROM. The custom ROM is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop and it brings all the features of Lollipop including the Material Design UI and amazing stability. If you want to install this ROM, then your device needs to be rooted and have custom recovery installed on it.
So, if you are ready, then all you need to do is to follow the steps on how you can install Android 5.1 Lollipop Optipop ROM on Nexus 7 2013. But before proceeding, let us give you a quick look of the features that you will get with this ROM.
Optipop Custom ROM (Android 5.1 Lollipop) Features:
- Lollipop 5.1 LMY47O
- AOSP sources based
- Dark Material or White Layers/RRO Builds
- Deodexed for Customizability (still user builds though for less debugging and greater battery)
- ROM built with UBERTC 4.9.3 (for speed and performance)
- Faster Animations (fling velocity, window animations, faster rotation, etc.)
- Opticharging to reduce apk size using pngquant which gives up to 70% compression
- Smoother scrolling code mod for better scrolling
- Advanced Reboot menu including Soft Reboot option
- Strict Aliasing
- Graphite Optimizations
- O3 Optimizations
- Built with other optimized compiler flags
- Art & Bionic optimizations
- Busybox included
- Disable Search Bar in Recents
- Quick pulldown settings
- Display rotate settings
- Power notification sound preference
- Status bar clock and date customizations
- Statusbar Brightness Control
- Statusbar Double-tap to Sleep
- Statusbar Network Traffic Options
- Statusbar Weather
- Extended power menu with configuration options
- Clear all button on recent apps
- Preference for custom clear all recents button position
- Volume rocker wake
- Volume music control
- Volume adjust preference
- Volume panel style preference
- Safe headset volume preference
- LED control settings
- Incall vibration
- Navbar DPI settings
- Navbar ring target customization
- Navbar button/layout configuration options
- Navbar Show arrow keys while typing
- Nofication drawer tile customization options
- Nofication drawer show brightness slider
- Nofication drawer option to have toggles vibrate on touch
- Privacy Guard
- Immersive Mode
- Quick Unlock
- Kill app longpress back
- Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
- National data roaming
- Increasing ring feature
- Volume panel timeout and option to extend volume panel and control all volumes
- Dialer lookup settings
- Pin Keypad Shuffler
- Statusbar ticker
- Volume button longpress seeks Music track on screen off
- SMS Rate Limiting
- Blacklist Support
- Wakeup on Charger Enabled/Disable Option
- SystemUI Restart Option
- CM Battery Style Options
- Custom apns (Updated Regularly)
- Speed Tweaks
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed Nexus 7 Drivers on your PC.
- Your device must be rooted and have Custom Recovery like CWM installed.
- The Bootloader should be unlocked.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Nexus 7 2013. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9505 via Imperium ROM:
Step No 2:– Connect your device to the PC via USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3:- Copy the Android 5.1 ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card.
Step No 4:- Disconnect the Nexus 7 from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume UP + Volume Down + Power keys altogether to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6:- Once in the recovery mode, perform a wipe data/factory reset and Wipe Cache partition. In the Advanced area of CWM, you will find Wipe Dalvik Cache which is not compulsory but we recommend to perform this step too.
Step No 7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the Android 5.1 ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Step 10:- Your Nexus 7 will be rebooted and may take up to 4 to 5 minutes to boot.
That’s it. Your device has been updated to Android 5.1 Optipop ROM. Now Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the Android version. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.