Xperia Z2 wasn’t the only device receiving the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop (23.1.A.0.740) yesterday. Sony’s also pushing the update on the Xperia Z3 as well. For those who are willing to know what this update is about; so far our sources indicate that this update is only for the Orange carrier and the global equivalent of this update is 23.1.A.0.726.
The update is currently rolling out to the Z3 users, however, if you are having issues with the OTA or still on the waiting list, you can follow the simple guide we have created and update your Xperia Z3. Checkout the guide below.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1. You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out this guide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
How To Update Xperia Z3 23.1.A.0.740 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Launch flashtool and wait for it to load everything.
- Once loaded, click on ‘devices’ and then ‘check updates’. You need to look into D6603 since that’s the model number of your phone. You can double click on the firmware to check the version number.
- Right click on the firmware and click on ‘Download’. Download process will begin.
- Once the download is complete, click on ‘Create’ on the bottom right.
- The downloaded files will be packed into an .ftf file.
- Now click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 5-10 minutes for the first boot.
That’s it, you have update your Xperia Z3 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop (23.1.A.0.740). For any queries, let us know if you have any issues.