Sony just started rolling out a newer build number (23.1.A.0.740) for Xperia Z2. The update is currently seeding for Orange network. You can get the update via OTA but if you are impatient and want to upload your phone as soon as you can. You can do that by following the simple guide we have developed. The guide will let you update your Sony Xperia Z2 to the latest Android version.
Do keep in mind that the update is only for the carrier versions and there are probably no changes available. You can update your Xperia Z2 by following the guide below.
- Download and install the latest flashtool from here.
- If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1. You’ll need to turn off the driver signature. Check out this guide.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
How To Update Xperia Z2 23.1.A.0.740 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
Open the Flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once launched, click on ‘devices’ and then ‘check updates’.
- A new window will open; find your device in the window, in this case; you are going to need to look for D6503 since that’s the variant we are going to update. .And then find these updates.
- Right click on them and start downloading. Downloading will take some time.
- Once downloaded, click on ‘create’ and your firmware will be prepared.
- Now click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 10 minutes for the first boot.
Congrats, you have successfully upgraded your phone to Xperia Z2 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop (23.1.A.0.740). Let us know if you if encounter any issues while updating the phone.