Sony’s Xperia Z3 Dual is the same as its single SIM variant. Both phones carry the same spec sheet with no physical differences or whatsoever. Xperia Z3 Dual comes with a dual SIM option. Sony started rolling out the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on the Xperia Z3 Dual, the update comes with the build number 23.1.1.E.0.1 and all the material goodness from Google. Considering how the update is rolling out in phases and a lot of people are still not able to update their phones; we have developed a handy guide that you can
Note: This guide is only for Xperia Z3 Dual D6633. Using it on any other variant would result in a brick.
- Make sure your battery is charged to at least 70 percent.
- The ADB drivers must be set up. Here’s how to.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Backup your apps and important messages.
- Download and install flashtool from here.
- Download the FTF file for your phone from here.
How To Update Sony Xperia Z3 Dual D6633 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 10 minutes for the first boot.