Samsung has just rolled out the sweet Lollipop update for their metal based mid range smartphone Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300F. This new update was launched few days back in Russia and is based on Android 5.0.2 and has a build number of A300FXXU1BOD5. The new Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update brought the new material design UI, some performance improvements and the new Samsung Apps. The new update is already on the roll, but if still didn’t get it or you can’t wait for any longer then all you need to do is to follow the steps on how you can update your Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300F to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
Before proceeding, make sure to read the details about this new firmware:
Model name: Galaxy A3
Version: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
Build date: 15 April,2015
Product code: SER
- Before proceeding make sure you have backup all the important data, photos and videos on your Android device.
- Your battery is more than 60% charged.
- Make sure USB Debugging option is enabled, otherwise its not possible to transfer the files.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy A3 USB Drivers.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300F to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop:
- First of all, Download the official firmware by following this link.
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding e Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy A3 with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been proerply connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to A300FXXU1BOD5 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
Congratulations! Your device is now updated to the official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.