Owners of Xperia C3 can rejoice. Sony just started pushing out the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update on the Xperia C3. The update brings the 19.3.A.0.470 update and apart from that, it updates the phone to the latest Android version that gives you a refreshed UI along with Material design goodness.
The update is currently rolling out in stages but if you are one of the anxious ones, you can update the phone by following this simple guide. Just make sure you follow the steps properly and you won’t run into any problem.
- Make sure your battery is charged to at least 70 percent.
- The ADB drivers must be set up. Here’s how to.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Backup your apps and important messages.
- Download and install flashtool from here.
- Download the ftf file from here.
How To Update Xperia C3 To Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 19.3.A.0.470
- Once the files are downloaded, copy them to flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Fire up the flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once the flashtool is up and running, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the firmwares folder.
- Make sure all boxes are unticked apart from Wipe Data/Cache/App logs.
- Once you are done making the selection, click the ok button and wait while the update gets prepared.
- Turn off your phone and wait for the message that asks you to attach your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and attach the USB cable to your phone.
- As soon as the firmware starts flashing, leave the volume down key and wait for the phone to flash the firmware. Do not disconnect the phone at any cost.
- Once the firmware is flashed, you will get a message asking you to reboot your phone.
- Reboot your phone and wait for 10 minutes for the first boot.