The owners of Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9505 will be pleased to know that the Impreium ROM is now available for the device. The Imperium ROM is one of the most popular custom ROM available and is based on the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware. Another big advantage of this ROM is, it’s pre-rooted, deodex and zip aligned. Many users, including us, have tested this ROM and this one is really optimized and stable.
Before proceeding, We would like to remind our readers that this one is a Custom ROM and is not officially released by Samsung. Now, if you are ready to test this ROM on your Galaxy S4 then all you have to do is to follow the guide below on how you can install Android 5.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S4 GT I9505 via Imperium ROM.
Some features of the Imperium ROM:
- Based on the Official Brazilian Firmware I9505JVUHOC1
- Aroma installer
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9505 Drivers on your PC.
- Your device must be rooted and have Custom Recovery like CWM installed.
- The Bootloader should be unlocked.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Galaxy S4 GT I9505 . Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9505 via Imperium ROM:
Step No 1:- First of all, download the Android 5.1 Lollipop Imperium ROM for Galaxy S4 I9505.
Step No 2:– Connect your device to the PC via USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3:- Copy the Android 5.1 ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card.
Step No 4:- Disconnect the Galaxy S4 from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume UP + Home + Power keys altogether to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6:- Once in the recovery mode, perform a wipe data/factory reset and Wipe Cache partition. In the Advanced area of CWM, you will find Wipe Dalvik Cache which is not compulsory but we recommend to perform this step too.
Step No 7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the Android 5.1 ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Step 10:- Your Samsung Galaxy S4 will be rebooted and may take up to 4 to 5 minutes to boot.
That’s it. Your device has been updated to Android 5.1 Impreium ROM. Now Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the Android version. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.