The official CyanogenMod 12S firmware update for OnePlus One has finally arrived for the device and is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. The latest CM 12S offers a new material design UI, a new email client, new major improvements and some new themes as well. This OTA update is already on the roll, but if you still didn’t get the update then you can install this update on your OnePlus One manually. We at TechJeep have written a complete step by step guide on how you can update OnePlus One on CM 12S manually.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the OnePlus One USB drivers on your PC.
- Your device must be rooted and have Custom Recovery like CWM installed.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for OnePlus One. Don’t try it on other variants
How to update OnePlus One on CyanogenMod 12S Android 5.0.2 Lollipop manually:
Step 1: First, you need to download the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM 12S firmware on your PC.
Step 2: Now connect your OnePlus One with your PC via the USB cable and place the downloaded file in the root folder of your SD card.
Step 3: Now turn off the device.
Step 4: Now, turn On the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power keys together in order to boot into recovery Mode.
Step 5: When you are in the TWRP Recovery, navigate to the main menu and choose Backup and do a swipe on the Swipe to Back Up option on the bottom of the screen to create a backup.
Step 6: Now move back to the main recovery screen and select Wipe option and then Swipe to Factory Reset Option.
Step 7: Now it’s time to install the CM12S firmware on your device. Select the file that you have already placed in the root folder of your SD Card. Select it and select Swipe to Confirm to start the installation process.
Step 8: Once Completed, Reboot the device.
That’s it. You have successfully installed CM12S firmware based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on OnePlus One. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.