Samsung’s Galaxy S6 Edge is currently one of the fastest and most popular smartphones in the industry. Apart from being an absolute powerhouse the phone is also very good when it comes to looks. The metal unibody with a glass back is a sight to see. That’s not all, the phone also comes with dual edged display that has stunning colour reproduction as well as resolution.
Despite being a powerhouse it is, users are still willing for more power. If you are one of those users, the simplest way for you is to root your phone is using Chainfire’s auto-root. If you have rooted Samsung phones before you should know what I’m talking about. Anyhow, without wasting anymore time; let’s get down to business and root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Download and install the latest Samsung USB drivers from here.
- Download Odin from here.
- Download the root package from here.
- Turn on the Android debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the build number for at least 7-8 times > Settings > Developer options.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Turn off your phone and boot into download mode by pressing and holding volume down + power + home button together. You’ll see a warning, simply press the volume up key to proceed.
- Extract the root package you downloaded earlier and you’ll get a file named “CF-Auto-Root-zerolte-zeroltexx-smg925f.md5″.
- Start up Odin and connect your phone. The Comm:ID port will be highlighted. That means the connection with Odin has been established.
- Click on the AP button and select the CF-Auto-Root-zerolte-zeroltexx-smg925f.md5.
- Once selected, click on the start button and wait for a few moments so the process can complete itself.
- Once the process is completed, your phone will reboot automatically.
Congrats, you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge