Sony’s Xperia Z3 is a great offering to those who are not willing to pay the price of Xperia Z3 but still want to enjoy the sheer performance or for those who are simply not used to having phones with larger screens. Z3 Compact is exactly as good as its elder sibling. The only difference here is screen size, resolution and battery capacity and despite all these, it is still a solid phone that has a lot to offer. Recently, the phone got updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop but for those who are not updating the phone because it’ll break the root, there’s no need to worry. With a very simple guide, we are going to teach you how to root Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
Note: If you are already running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, you will need to downgrade to Kitkat first.
- Make sure your battery is charged to at least 70 percent.
- The ADB drivers must be set up. Here’s how to.
- Turn on the USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Tapping the ‘Build number’ at least 7-8 times and going back into settings and then going to Developer Options.
- Backup your apps and important messages.
- Download and install flashtool from here.
- Download the dual recovery from here (you will need the installer) and root kit from here.
To root your phone, simply extract and run the root tool and follow on-screen instructions. Recovery method works the same way.
- Download the pre-rooted Lollipop from here.
How To Root and Install Recovery on Xperia Z3 Compact Running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Once you have downloaded the prerooted Lollipop for Xperia Z3 Compact, place it in your phone memory.
- Reboot your phone.
- Boot into recovery by either repeatedly pressing volume up or volume down button.
- Once in recovery, wipe data and cache.
- Flash the pre-rooted zip file. The flashing process takes a while.
- Reboot your phone when the flashing is done.
Congrats, you are now running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with working ROM as well as recovery. Let us know if you have had any issues during the flashing process.