Samsung Galaxy A7 is the first Samsung’s device that came with a complete metal body, a premium touch and a powerful hardware. In other words, the device is a complete powerhouse. The device comes with a 5.5 inch Super AMOLED touch screen, a quad core processor and 2 GB of RAM. The major problem of this device is, it still runs on Android 4.4 KiKat. It’s really confusing why this device is still on KitKat, but the good news is Samsung is actively working on it and has recently released a new OTA update for it. The new update changes the Android version to 4.4.4 Kitkat and has some major improvements over the previous update.
The build version of the latest update is XXU1OAA and it brings some security fixes, performance improvement, and some nice changes to your device. The update is already on the roll and you will get it soon, but if you could not wait any longer then you can install this official firmware manually by following the guide below.
The details for the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat Firmware:
Model name GALAXY A7
Version Android 4.4.4
Build date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 11:26:15 +0000
Product code NPL
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy S7 USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy A7 A700FD. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy A7 A700FD to XXU1AOAA Android 4.4.4 KitKat Firmware:
- First of all, Download the official XXU1AOAA firmware for Galaxy A7.
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy A7 with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been proerply connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to XXU1AOAA Android 4.4.4 KitKat latest stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.