Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-910C has received the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update and is now available for download. Currently, the update is only for the Exynos variant of Galaxy Note 4 and the company will soon release the update for the other variant as well. The build number for the latest update is N910CXXU1BOC3 and it first rolled out in Poland and now it’s available for many countries.
If you are from Europe then you might have received this update via OTA but if you’re not from this region or you didn’t get the update yet then you need to follow the steps below on how you can manually install the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop official firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-910C Exynos 5433 variant.
Here you can find the details for the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Firmware:
Model name: Galaxy Note 4
Version: Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
Build date: 13 March
Product code: XEO
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you have not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-910C Exynos Variant. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop N910CXXU1BOC3 on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-910C
- First of all, Download the official N910CXXU1BOC3 firmware.
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been proerply connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to N910CXXU1BOC3 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.