Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 is a powerful AMD socket motherboard that supports all AMD AM3 Phenom II and AM3+ FX processors. The motherboard offers advanced 8+2 phase CPU VRM power design for high TDP CPU support, 2 PCI-E 2.0 x16 slots for ultimate graphic performance using the two graphic cards at the same time. The motherboard has AMD 970 North Bridge and AMD SB950 South Bridge chipset. Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 also offers powerful USB 3.0 for transferring data with super fast rate of 5 Gbps. SATA 6 Gbps support, AMD OverDrive and CrossfireX support. The motherboard also offers 4x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM socket that supports memory up to 32 GB.
If you are a user of Gigabyte GA-970-UD3 and want to update your motherboard’s bios. Then all you have to do is to follow the steps below.
Updating the BIOS is a delicate procedure and you should try it at your own risk. We ‘TechJeep’ won’t be responsible if you did any damage with your motherboard’.
For updating the bios we’ll use the Q-Flash Utility which is easy to use and you don’t have to enter in Windows or MS-DOS again and again.
- Before proceeding, make sure to download the proper BIOS file for your motherboard.
- Once downloaded, make sure to place the extracted BIOS files to your Flash Drive. One thing to remember is your Flash Drive must be FAT32 if it is NTFS then you need to format it and shift to FAT32 first.
- Make sure there won’t be any power failures during the update process.
How to Update Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 BIOS :
- First of all, Download the latest BIOS File for the motherboard from Gigabyte website and place the extracted files in your USB Flash Drive.
- Now restart your computer. Duringthe POST, press the <End> key to enter the Q-Flash mode. You can enter the Q-Flash Mode either by pressing the <End> key or by pressing the <F8> key in BIOS setup.
- When you are in Q-Flash Utility, Select HDD 1-0 and press Enter.
- Now select the BIOS file and press Enter.
- Now, the Q-Flash Utility will read the file and will pop a message “Are you sure you want to update the BIOS” Press ‘Y’. Now the update will begin and will take around 3-5 minutes. During the process, don’t remove the USB Flash Drive or Power off your computer.
- Once completed. Restart the computer. You should see the new BIOS version written on the POST screen.
- Now Press <Delete> and Enter in BIOS Setup and select Load Otimized Defaults” and press Enter. The system will now re-detect all the peripheral devices.
- Once done. Restart the computer.
That’s it. Your Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 is now updated to the latest BIOS. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.