Sony Xperia P is a mid range smartphone by Sony and has many hardware limitations and because of it it won’t receive anymore official updates. You can’t update the device to Android 5.0 Lollipop officially, but thanks to the third party developers you can now upgrade your device to Android 5.0 Lollipop by using the custom ROMs. The custom ROM that we are going to share with you is CyanogenMod 12 ROM for Xperia P which is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. The ROM is currently in development so you may expect some minor bugs and small issues.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have unlocked the boot loader of your Xperia device. If you don’t know how to do it, then you need to follow this guide to unlock the bootloader.
- Install USB drivers for Sony Xperia from the flashtool installation folder. After installation, please check if the connection between your device and PC is properly executed or not.
- Install ADB and fastboot drivers for your PC.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery charged.
- Make sure to create a proper backup of all your contacts, messaging and other important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SONY in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM Xperia P Lt22i Nypon (Download Latest Build)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Gapps
How to install Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 Custom ROM on Sony Xperia P LT22i:
- First of all, you need to download the Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 Custom ROM and Gapps Xperia P.
- Place the both downloaded files on your Android device.
- Now, turn off your device and wait for 5 seconds.
- Now hold the Volume Up button and connect the smartphone to PC.
- The LED should remain Blue, which means that the device is in fastboot mode.
- Now copy the boot.img file to fastboot folder or Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Open the folder and hold Shift button and right click on the mouse.
- Click on Open Command Window Here.
Type fastboot devices and press Enter.
- It should only one fastboot connected device in return. If it is showing more that one, then disconnect any other connected device or close any Android Emulator. Also make sure that PC Companion is completely disabled if installed.
- Now type fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter.
- Type fastboot reboot and press Enter.
- While phone is booting up, press Volume up/down/power to enter recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, select Install and navigate to the folder where ROM zip is placed.
- Install the ROM zip.
- Install Gapps zip the same way and reboot the phone.
- Performing factory reset and wiping Dalvik cache after installing ROM is highly recommended!
- The phone will boot up to home screen in 5 minutes.
- To install Google Applications, copy downloaded Gapps zip file to phone and flash it the same way as ROM. Factory reset is not required this time.
That’s it. Your device is now updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at any time.