MicroMax A106 Unite 2 is a mid range smartphone that was released in India on May 2014. Unlike the other Micromax devices this one comes with some nice hardware specifications and it comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box and has a powerful Quad Core Cortex A-7 1.3 Ghz processor, 1 GB of RAM, a 5MP camera rear camera and a large screen of 4.7 inch with a resolution of 480×800.
If you are bored running on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat and want to upgrade it to the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop then you have come at the right place. Today, we are going to share on how you can update your Micromax A106 Unite 2 to Android 5.0 Lollipop. All you need to do is to follow the steps below.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have taken backup of all your messages, contacts and important data.
- You have downloaded and installed the Micromax USB drivers on your PC.
- You have enabled USB Debugging on your Android device.
- Your device has more than 60 percent battery charged.
How to update Micromax A106 Unite 2 to Android 5.0 Lollipop:
- First of all, you need to download the Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM and SP Flash Tool on your computer.
- Once downloaded, extract the ROM package and install the SP Flash Tool on your PC.
- Once installed, click on ‘Scatter-loading’ button in SP Flash tool’s window and select the ‘MT6582_Android_scatter’ file. You will get this file from the extracted ROM files.
- Now, select ‘Firmware Upgrade’ from the drop down menu in SP Flash Tool. Once, you select it you will see 11 files loaded in SP Flash Tool.
- Now, switch off your Android device by removing the battery. Now, insert the battery again but don’t turn on the Android device.
- Now click on ‘Download’ button in SP Flash Tool and connect your Micromax device in switched off state using the original USB cable. The flashing will now begin and it will take around 3-4 minutes to get completed. Once completed, you will see a success message on SP FlashTool.
That’s’ it. You have successfully updated to Micromax A106 Unite 2 to Android 5.0 Lollipop. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments.