QNAP is known for budget friendly NAS (Network-attached storage). The latest series is known as the TVS series and is entirely based on the AMD processors. The NAS carries the model number TVS-863+ supports the amazing video play-back of 4k resolution while maintaining it’s budget-friendly price-tag. The NAS is powered by a quad-core AMD processor and has 8 gigs of RAM; the RAM can be further expanded to 16 gigs, the TVS-863+ supports SATA 6Gb/s, 2 Gigabit LAN as well, not to mention the TVS-863+ also has the capability for 10GbE with built-in ports for it.
Check out all the features of the TVS-863+ below.
- 10GbE-ready, highly-efficient storage solution for HD video editing and sharing
- Enhanced data security with a high-performance hardware-accelerated encryption engine with AES 256-bit full NAS volume encryption and anti-virus
- Use the TVS-863+ as a PC with exclusive QvPC Technology and 4K display support
- Run multiple Windows/Linux/Android-based virtual machines with the Virtualization Station
- Manage, share, and back up business data with Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR)
- NAS and iSCSI-SAN unified storage solution for server virtualization
- Supports VMware®, Citrix®, and Microsoft® Hyper-V and advanced virtualization features
- Transcode Full HD videos on-the-fly or offline with QNAP’s unique transcoding technology and hardware transcoding engine
- Expand the total raw storage capacity up to 192TB with the economical UX-800P QNAP expansion enclosures
The best part about the TVS-x63 series is that it comes with QvPC technology that lets the users use the NAS as a full fledged PC by simply plugging in a keyboard, mouse and a HDMI monitor. This also grants them to easily access the storage and run multiple applications based on several platforms including Windows, Linux, UNIX and Android based virtual machines. Not to mention, they can also enjoy videos on full HD resolution as well as ultra HD 4k resolution.
Speaking of price; the QNAP TVS-863+ will retail at $1,499/1,350 Euros.