Samsung has rolled out the official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware for the Galaxy S5 Plus SM G901F. This stock firmware comes with a baseband version G901FXXU1BOC4 and build number LRX22G.G901FXXU1BOC4 which is available for the Galaxy S5 Plus users in the Nordic countries. If you’re from this region then you will get the update notification via OTA or you can check it via Samsung Kies. This news was brought by the senior XDA member Henklbr.
“Samsung has started to update the Galaxy S5plus to Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) in the Nordic region,” confirms senior XDA member, henklbr.
If you are not from the Nordic region you can still try this Android 5.0.2 Lollipop version on your Galaxy S5 Plus using the flash tool Odin. This update is an Unbranded version of the firmware and you can install it on any unlocked SM- G901F. If you are ready then all you need to do is to follow the steps on how you can install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop G901FXXU1BOC4 on Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus.
FIRMWARE DETAILS (ANDROID 5.0.2 LOLLIPOP G901FXXU1BOC4):
- Model: SM-G901F
- Model name: Galaxy S5 Plus
- Country: Nordic countries
- Version: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Changelist: 4385543
- Build date: 9 March
- Product code: NEE
- PDA: G901FXXU1BOC4
- CSC: G901FNEE1BOC4
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus USB drivers on your PC.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G0901F. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop G901FXXU1BOC4 on Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F:
- First of all, Download the official G901FXXU1BOC4 firmware. |Alternate Link|
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung S5 Plus with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been proerply connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to G901FXXU1BOC4 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.