CrDroid is a new and popular ROM for HTC One M8 and it is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. This new ROM has a lot of new customization features and it offers blazing fast performance. This is a custom ROM and is not officially released by HTC. For installing this custom ROM on your HTC One M8, you would require a custom recovery like ClockWorkMod or CWM installed on your Android device.
If you’re ready to install this custom ROM on your HTC One M8 then all you need to do is to follow below on How to install CRDroid Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM on HTC One M8.
Some features of CrDroid Android 5.0.2 ROM:
- Nav bar tweaks (on/off toggle and custom dimensions)
Animated rotation tile
Wake up on plug
Clock and time clickable in expanded status bar
PIN keypad shuffler
Custom lockscreen shortcuts
Answer calls with hardware home button
Status bar clock tweaks (right, center or hide clock with many dates formats to show. Custom colors included)
Volume keys wake the device
Ability to hide the alarm clock icon from status bar
Profiles form CyanogenMod (new merges and lollipop style)
Protected apps (using trebuchet launcher)
Filter spam notifications
Clear all button in recent panel with custom option (hide, top right or top left)
Privacy guard from CyanogenMod
Quick settings pull down with one finger (right, left or off)
Smart pull down
Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
Toggle to not allow quick settings on secure lockscreen
Brightness control through status bar
Double tap status bar sleep
Data activity indicators
Call blacklist support
Increasing ring tone
In call vibrations
Advanced reboot menu
Option to hide adb notification
Screen shot quick delete with confirmation
Long press back to kill with configurable timeout
Less frequent notifications sound
Advanced keyboard features (auto rotation with timeout, disable full screen, selector notification, show enter key, volume key cursor control)
New Eleven music player and AudioFX from CyanogenMod
Statusbar network speeds
AOKP system animations
Left handed navbar during landscape mode
App circle sidebar
Media Scanner on boot behaviour
Search bar in recents
Omniswitch instead of cm recents
- Before proceeding, make sure you have a HTC Desire HD device. Testing it on some other device may brick your phone.
- Your phone should be charged and have a minimum 60 percent battery left.
- Make sure you have the USB drivers installed on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone from Settings > Developer options.
- Your device should have an unlocked bootloader.
- Make sure you have a rooted Android device.
- You have backed up all the important data, videos and photos.
How to install CRDroid Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM on HTC One M8
- Download the CrDroid Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Custom ROM for HTC One M8 and Gapps and extract the files.
- Connect your Device to your PC via USB cable.
- Now Copy and paste the downloaded ROM and Google Apps to the root folder of your SD card.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- Power off your Phone
- Next Step is to boot the device into Bootloader or FastBoot Mode by holding the Volume Down + Power buttons together.
- Once Fastboot mode appears on your screen navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools and launch the Command Prompt.
- Now type the following command.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
and hit enter Enter.
- Now type this command and press Enter.
- Now Follow the on screen Navigations to choose the BOOTLOADER and then boot into Recovery Mode.
- Once you’re in the ClockWorkMod Recovery or CWM its time to wipe all the data by selecting wipe data factory reset. Use the power buttons to navigate in CWM.
- Now perform a cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition. Also perform the wipe Dalvik Cache by going to Advanced and there you will find this option.
- Now return to the main CWM screen and select Install Zip from SD Card.
- Now select choose zip from sdcard. Use volume keys to navigate to the crDroid Android 5.0.2 Custom ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your SD card and select it by tapping Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation process should begin.
- Perform the previous step for installing the Gapps as well.
- Once installed, restart the device. Your device will take around 5 minutes to boot.
- Congratulations! Your device is now running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Verify the Android version by going to Settings > About Phone.