Samsung has officially revealed the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. The new Android 5.0.1 has some new features like the material design, a newer TouchWiz UI and Revamped notifications etc. The new update has a build number XXUHOAA and is currently available for the users of Galaxy S4 in India. If you are from India, then you are in luck as you will get this update via OTA. If you are not, and still want to use this on your Android device then you can follow our step by step guide on how you can install XXUHOAA Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on your Samung Galaxy S4 I9500.
FIRMWARE DETAILS (XXUHOAA ANDROID 5.0.1):
Model name: GALAXY S4
Version: Android 5.0.1
Build date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:13:06 +0000
Product Code: INS
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy S4 USB drivers on your PC..
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. Don’t try it on other variants
How to install Android 5.0.1 Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500:
- First of all, Download the official I9500XXUHOAA firmware
- Download Odin 3.10 and run the exe file.
- Switch off and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding e Volume Down + Home + Power button together. A warning message will appear now press Volume UP key to proceed the download mode.
- Now connect your Samsung S4 with your PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, you should see a COM port number like “0:[COM7]” a ID:COM section and “Added” message on the screen. It means that the device has been proerply connected. If you dind’t get the message then try changing the USB port sometimes it happens.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options are checked in Odin screen.
- Click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you can get by extracting the firmware zip fie which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now Click on Start to begin the installation process and wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, you will see a PASS message and the ID:COM port will become green.
- Your phone will now reboot and will take more time than usual.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your computer.
- Your device is now updated to I9500XXUHOAA Android 5.0.1 Lollipop stock firmware. Now Go to settings – About Phone and verify the firmware version.
That’s it. Your device is now updated. If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.