We have seen many high end devices getting the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop but some old devices are still like the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 are still in the queue. But now, you can install the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 with the help of CyanogenMod12. The CyanogenMod team has released Resurrection Remix ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505. The Remix ROM is famous for its unique functionality and most of the features in this ROM were taken from other popular ROMs.
The main features of this ROM are enhanced battery life, Heads up, Toast animations, quick unlock and beautiful Dark Material theme. If you are one of those Galaxy S4 users, who are planning to update it to Android 5.0.2 via CyanogenMod Resurrection ROM then you have come at the right place. Today, we are going to share how you can update your beloved Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 5.0.2 via Resurrection Remix ROM.
Some features of Resurrection ROM:
- Dark Material Theme
- Quick-Smart Pulldown
- Battery mods
- Heads up
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- ClockColor options
- Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
- Network traffic monitor
- Toast animations
- Add changelog
- Listview animations
- Navigation bar dimensions
- Add Weather display to status bar header
- Quick unlock
- Overall Speed up system
- Amazing Battery Life
- Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
- Included all CM 12 features
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy S4 USB drivers on your PC.
- Your device must be rooted and have Custom Recovery like CWM installed.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 5.0.2 via Resurrection ROM:
Step No 1:- First of all, download the Android 5.0 Lollipop Resurrection Remix ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 and Google Apps .zip files on the PC.
Step No 2:– Connect your device to the PC via USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3:- Copy the Android 5.0.2 ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card.
Step No 4:- Disconnect the Galaxy S4 from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume UP + Home + Power keys altogether to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6:- Once in the recovery mode, perform a wipe data/factory reset andWipe Cache partition. In the Advanced area of CWM, you will find Wipe Dalvik Cache which is not compulsory but we recommend to perform this step too.
Step No 7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the Android 5.0.2 ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Step 10:- Your Samsung Galaxy S4 will be rebooted and may take up to 4 to 5 minutes to boot.
That’s it. Your device has been updated to Android 5.0.2 Resurrection Remix ROM. Now Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the Android version. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.