Apple has recently extended the security of its services like Facetime and iMessage by featuring two step verification which will protect your overall privacy and make your Apple ID more secure.Two step verification is designed to prevent anyone from accessing your account even if they know your password. So, if you are thinking to activate two step verification on your account, then you’ve come to the right place. All you need to do is to follow the post, which will show you, how you can add two step verification for your account and add more trusted devices to it.
How to add Two Step Verification to Apple ID account
1. First of all, open the My Apple ID page and click on ‘Manage your Apple ID’ button.
2. After you have signed in, click on ‘Password and Security’ tab which you will find on the left side.
3. On the next screen, you will be asked to answer the security questions which you had answered while creating your account.
4. Once, you have answered all the questions, click on ‘Get Started…’ link under Two Step Verification heading.
5. On the next screen, you will find all the instructions read it and click ‘Continue Button’. On the next page, Press the continue button again.
6. Now, on the next screen, you’ll have to add the phone on which you will receive the verification code via SMS whenever someone tries to log into your account. Once added, click on ‘Next’ button.
7. Once added the mobile number, Apple will send you a text with a verification code. Enter the four digit code on the screen to complete the verification process.
That’s it. Your account is now secured with Two Step Verification. If you want to change your phone number then you can do it by following the same steps.