The public release of iOS 8.2 has been on the cards and the latest update will include some new features specific to the Apple Watch. According to the reports, one last GM build before the live update goes out next week and the good news is the release notes of the update has been leaked. The leaked release notes give us a clear look at what Apple is working on and what are the new features, fixes and performance updates.
The full release notes are available below:
Health App improvements
- Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for body temperature, weight, height, distance, and blood glucose
- Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
- Includes the ability to add and visualise workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
- Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
- Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
- Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changes data source order
- Fixes an issue where some graphics showed no data values
- Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance, and flights climbed
- Increases stability of Mail
- Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
- Improves stability of Music
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids
- Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
- Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
- Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
- Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
- Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on the device
- Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
- Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
- Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
- Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom reoccurring meeting to drop from Exchange calendar
- Fixes an certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
- Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
- Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as “busy” after accepting an invite.
If you take a deeper look at the list, you will find some new health features that coming. Other than that, the Calendar time zone issue and audio transfer issue have been completely solved. We hope that this update will clear the poor battery life problem which is nothing more than a frustration for the users.
Thanks BGR for the news.