Sprint Galaxy Note 4 has recently received the official Lollipop update and if you don’t want to update your device to a simpler stock ROM then perhaps it’s time for you to update your device to SlimLP Custom ROM which is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. The SlimLP ROM was previously released on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE and Galaxy Tab 2 and has received really good feedback from the users. One thing that I would like to remind you is that this ROM is a custom ROM and it’s not officially released by Samsung. As the ROM is currently in development stages so you might face some minor bugs. So, if you are ready and good to go, we have written a step by step guide on how to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop SlimLP Custom ROM on Sprint Galaxy Note 4.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have properly taken the backup of your important data including personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- You have installed the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 USB drivers on your PC.
- Your device must be rooted and have Custom Recovery like CWM installed.
- You should have enabled the USB debugging mode. If you not then go to settings > Developer Options and enable it.
- This guide is only for Sprint Galaxy Note 4. Don’t try it on other variants.
How to Update Sprint Galaxy Note 4 to Android 5.0.2 SlimLP Custom Firmware
Step No 2:– Connect your device to the PC via USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3:- Copy the Android 5.0.2 ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card.
Step No 4:- Disconnect the Sprint Galaxy Note 4 from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume UP + Home + Power keys altogether to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6:- Once in the recovery mode, perform a wipe data/factory reset andWipe Cache partition. In the Advanced area of CWM, you will find Wipe Dalvik Cache which is not compulsory but we recommend to perform this step too.
Step No 7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the Android 5.0.2 ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Step 10:- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will be rebooted and may take up to 4 to 5 minutes to boot.
That’s it. Your device has been updated to Android 5.0.2 SlimLP Custom ROM. Now Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the Android version. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.