Google Play Services are an important part of Android. For those who don’t know what they are, Google Play Services allow the apps to be updated automatically through Google Play Store and it is also required in order for the apps to work. Without Google Play, wide range of apps will stop working or will start having consistent crashes.
To make sure all the apps are perfectly fine and optimised, Google keeps the services up to date. Google recently updated the service. However, the rollout always begin in stages. Those who are too anxious to wait can download the APK file and install it manually. Installation instructions are given below.
- Download the latest Google Play Services.
- Copy it on your phone.
- Make sure you have turned on ‘Unknown sources’. If not then go to Settings > Security > Unknown sources.
- Use the file explorer to browse to the location you have placed the apk.
- Tap it and it’ll install itself.
- Once it’s installed, reboot your device.
Once your phone is rebooted, you will have the latest Google Play Services up and running.