A brand new custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 is here which is just amazing. This new and amazing ROM is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop and is none other than Andax L which is a de-odexed, pre-rooted and fully optimized Android ROM that offers the best performance. The major feature of Andax L ROM is that, it offers some features of Galaxy Note 4. The Andax L is not an official ROM by Samsung, it’s a custom ROM and you need to have a rooted Samsung Galaxy Note III device. In order to install this ROM, you need a Rooted device with ClockWorkMod recovery or TWRP installed on it.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005. Using it on other variants may brick your device.
- Your device should be rooted and have ClockWorkMod Recovery installed on it.
- You need to create a backup of all your important data, videos and pictures.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent battery.
- You should have the USB Drivers installed on your PC.
How to Update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Andax L Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom Firmware
- Download Andax L Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM for Galaxy Note 3.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005 to your computer via USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Andax L Android 5.0 ROM to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card and not in any folders. Need to be in the Root area.
- Once copied, turn off the device and disconnect the USB cable.
- Now to get in the Recovery mode. Switch On your Android device while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons together.
- Once you are in the Recovery Mode. Its time to make a full data wipe by selecting “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”. Use the power button to select everything in the Recovery Mode.
- Now perform a Cache Wipe by selecting “Wipe Cache Partition” and we also recommend you to wipe the Dalvik Cache which you will find in the Advanced area. It’s optional but its better to do it so you will not get into any boot loops.
- Now go back to the main Recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “Choose zip from SD card” and select the file you Andax L Android 5.0 ROM file. Use the power buttons to navigate.
- After the installation completes go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. Your device will now restart.
- After that, the device will take around 5 minutes to boot so wait patiently.
That’s it. Your device should have the latest Audax L 5.0 Android ROM installed. Now go to settings > About Phone to verify the version. If you have any questions let us know in the comments.